[Closed] Please add PeepSo integration

25 Posts
7 Users
12 Likes
10.4 K Views
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Wendell

Hmmm, it's still a manual update if you want 2.0. I installed from the WP repository and got 1.3.8 or something like that. When I looked into updating to 2.0, I found that only some of the extensions are available for 2.0. Looking at the blog section of the UM website, it looks like 2.0 was announced in May 2017, an updated announcement in November 2017, and nothing since. I hope I am wrong in feeling like it is stagnant.

@Wendell, I have the developer bundle and all extensions have been updated including the free ones. I can't say for certain about third party extensions as these aren't developed by UM. There are a variety of reasons as to why version 2 isn't in the repository, but the product being stale isn't one of them - they are in fact hiring.

I emailed their Devs asking about wpForo integration and got a response within 24 hours so I don't think there's any danger here. Essentially, version 2 moved away from the redux framework that version 1 used, and makes several database changes in the process. All the extensions in use have to be upgraded too and the license activation model has also changed . UM also show their metrics here  https://ultimatemember.com/open-metrics/ as you can see, the product is still very active. 

Regards

Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Something weird is going on then. I only have some of the extensions available for download that are compatible with 2.0. Screenshot:  https://cl.ly/0J1o2z3N3f2p

When I try to install the others, I get an error in the WP Dashboard saying that they aren't compatible.

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

Do you have a subscription model ? For each extension, I had to activate against my site. As soon as I did that I was able to download the extensions. They are all there, I promise .

Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

Thanks! I get it now... I didn't realize I had to manually activate each extension in my UM account before I could download the 2.0 versions. I really appreciate your help and patience! 🙂

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

No problem at all. Always happy to help ! For what it's worth, I went through the same experience and only cracked it yesterday ! 👍

Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

@anonymous3542 If I may ask, how did the conversation with UM go regarding wpForo integration?

(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@wendell not heard anything back since they acknowledged my email and said they'd start looking at it. I'll follow up with them 

Page 4 / 4