15 Posts
7 Users
4 Likes
 serd
Topic starter
(@serd)
Trusted Member

Hi,

I would like to discuss a feature of adding tags to posts, if it is possible to introduce it.

As an example, I run a forum dedicated to organic farming ( http://natplant.ru/forum).

One of the main ideas of the forum is that people can add their diaries sharing certain experiments they run in their gardens, e. g. fighting aphids with non-chemical, natural remedies.

A person can open a new topic called something like "Aphids", and then over a period of time he/she shares sort of diary of relevant actions. Say, today I've applied certain remedies to one of my apple trees, in a week I tried a another approach with a cherry etc. As these actions may be applied to various plants in the garden, I would like to have a feature of adding tags to posts, then by ckicking this tag I could find all entries applicable for e. g. apple tree.

I've seen some boards with such tagging feature, so I would appreciate a lot if this could be launched with WPforo.

14 Replies
(@fomofour)

I agree. Tags and Categories are default features of WordPress and should be included in wp-Foro.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you. We just add it in our to-do list. We'll do our best to add this within a month.

1 Reply
(@joshuaolson)

Being able to add tags to for him's is essential. Can anyone from wpforo help with this?

(@turbogoat)

Just checking in on progress for adding tags - I'd love to use this board but needs tags and will select this week. Thanks!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but this feature had been removed form top of our to-do list. We were getting other feature request by dozens of times more users than for tag feature. We're planning to add tags after 1.5.0 version, in .1 or .2 subversion. I have no any ETA yet, the 1.5.0 is planned by end of this month, so probably it'll be added next month.

1 Reply
(@joshuaolson)

Hi @robert, thank you for your reply. Are there any option where I could pay to have this tag feature expedited? I am building a site and my forum and QA must have this tag feature. I like your product best, but will not able to use it until it has the tag feature.

Page 1 / 2