[Closed] Thinking about deactivating Wpforo for lack of support

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@naomibuch)
Trusted Member

Hello...

I have done thorough testing on Wpforo, and found several bugs during testing (I am a software engineer) and I am about to launch my website but I may have to remove this plugin due to poor support on critical questions about its functionality....And I understand there will be conflicts with themes, caching plugins, etc....but I do expect some support especially when I am a paid customer...

6 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @naomibuch,

First of all, thank you for using wpForo. 

This is wpForo free plugin support forum, please don't forget about that. If you get any questions related to wpForo paid add-ons you should always use the gVectors.com forum. 

Also, please note: this is not a live chat, this is a support forum and we answer on questions as soon as it's possible. Sometimes we need some consultation from plugin developers so the answer can be a bit delayed. We apologize for the delay. 

1 Reply
(@naomibuch)

Trusted Member

@sofy

Thanks I will try gVectors.com

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Nothing "poor" with wpForo, i'm sorry.

The FREE plugin and the free support are phenomenal.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Checking your website, i see several js errors.

Since you are a software engineer as you say, please fix them first and then judge wpForo. It is unfair to point a finger at wpForo (or any plugin).

Topic starter
(@naomibuch)
Trusted Member

Anonymous20,

I have over 17 years of development as a Visual Basic/ SQL developer and database administrator and this my personal website, I am retired  (car accident caused a blood vessel to burst in my brain, to keep a long story short I had to relearn how to walk and talk again).

I developed my website with one hand (I am right handed), and I think I did a pretty good job, those errors that you speak of are not RELEVANT and has nothing to do with why I can't share an image on Facebook.  

All other functionality is working with no problem, and I ran a speed check on GMetrix and got 100/97, so my website is faster than most websites and works like a charm.

I can tell you don't have ANY real programming skills, if you did you would know every complex website are not error free, if the errors don't interfere with critical functionality or performance you have built a successful application/website, I think I did a pretty good job as the only developer who learned PHP and JavaScript along the way... 

Sofy has been more than helpful, but every time you respond to my post it's very condescending and rude....

I would appreciate if you no longer comment on my post because you never know what you are talking about and not helpful in the least bit.

Page 1 / 2