Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Usergroup Enhancement Ideas

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@restius)

I'm not sure if these are already on a list of to be done already or not, but here are some ideas I've run into already for a forum I'm working on:

• Default Usergroup Access: As it currently stands this can only be edited by going into the code. I was able to get what I needed now through the class-forums.php, but I know I'll have to update this every time there is a plugin update.
  • Inherited Access Limitations: Maybe give subforums the option to inherit the parent categories user restrictions. Again, as it stands if I want to create a new usergroup I have to go through each forum and update the access lists. 
  • Multiple Usergroups: Last idea, allow users to be a part of multiple usergroups 🙂
3 Replies
 Gal
(@galzil)
Trusted Member

I had to go through the same thing, great ideas.

What about registering to a specific usergroup by a link sent in an Email?

As a security measure, registrations like that should be verified against the Email list 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi!

Currently the default Access Role is the Standard one.

Again, as it stands if I want to create a new usergroup I have to go through each forum and update the access lists.

This issue is already solved and will be available in next release. Now all forum accesses are being updated once you add a new usergroup.

Multiple Usergroups

Not planned yet.

Topic starter
(@restius)
Posted by: Robert

Hi!

Currently the default Access Role is the Standard one.

Right I completely understand that, but in my instance I'm creating various user groups that will have access to a general forum area, and then an area only specific to that group. I'm doing this several times, so there are 5 groups for example that have access to the general forums and their specific forum, and a main group that has access to all of them.  By allowing administrators the right to dictate what each usergroup's default access is when creating a new forum is, it'll help eliminate any privacy or security concerns. 

Again, as it stands if I want to create a new usergroup I have to go through each forum and update the access lists.

This issue is already solved and will be available in next release. Now all forum accesses are being updated once you add a new usergroup.

Awesome!

Multiple Usergroups

Not planned yet.

Ok, well hopefully more will see the use in it 😀

Overall though I will say that this plugin is amazing! I was itching for something powerful like this and was on the verge of trying to conquer it myself, but it's great to see a good team working on this!