Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] What happened if I move a "consolidate" topic to a different forum?

8 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Basically my concern is that, as you are getting your ideas clearer as how to re-organised the forum layout... if you start moving sub-foros to a different mother-forum, you could make a mess specially if these pages are already indexed in the search engines...

Am I correct?, or the real impact would be so little that we could freely move subforos to a different categories as you see fit?, or could make such a mess that does not even worth at all?

Its my question understood? Thanks 🙂

7 Replies
RealAct
(@realact)
Reputable Member

@jesus I'm not sure how important forum SEO is for you. However through the years we have moved/created sub forums.

We have moved topics to new sub forums etc with no real issues. You might want to use the maintenance tools built into WPForo to rebuild threads, Synchronize etc after these types of changes.

In any case you might not want to do it all at once, but start with one area and see how things goes.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jesus,

Don't worry, wpForo will redirect the topic posts to the correct forum, so it'll not be lost. Also, the forum sitemap will be automatically updated for search engines.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks both guys 🙂

In any case, being great the way WPForum managed this Robert, @realact got a great point too. First is first regardless

Best of both worlds 🙂

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

So them, to further clarify, any time I do one of these moves, I need to press "rebuilt threads?

I just notice after having moved something that the breadcrumbs at the top are not really organised...

Thanks 😀

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jesus,

Make sure the target forum layout is Threaded. If it's not Threaded, then the [rebuilt threads] button will not affect. Other forum layout display replies without any hierarchy.

Page 1 / 2