[Solved] What I see as admin and what others see... simplified

8 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, got many doubts... for instance, in the simplified mode.... I just went to add a live topic, actually a presentation of myself and right from minute one I see few things in there that first, Im not sure if I can see/select JUST myself being the "admin" or if these are things that also any normal registered member could do.

If in fact, these things, enumerated below, can be seen/manipulated by others, can I just remove then somehow?

- to mark the post as "special" (my best way to translate it lol)

- to mark the post as "private" *BTW, when marked private, private TO OR BY WHO?

- to add tags to the post

ALSO, in the box to write the post, I can see that the text size can be selected which I dont think is a good idea if anyone can just select hims as could it break the overall eveness...

Thanks in advance for any answers, solutions, help.... 🙂

---------

ufffff, it get just worse (in a good way lol) after posting... all these many things in there.... its just me as admin that got them all or everyone else have?. Can some of them be removed? I really would prefer something wayyyyy more simple where people will concentrate in debating about the topics instead of figuring out how the foro works

What do they do?, is there a link or something describing which thing is what for etc?

Thanks 🙂

7 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@jesus,

I'd suggest you attentively read this FAQ: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

Also please keep reading wpForo documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/

The plugin has dozens of options and features, so you'll be able to create a supper forum totally free with wpForo. 

I'd also suggest you subscribe to the following two forums:

Here the wpForo admins and moderators always add the latest news and announcements about wpForo. Also, you can find answers to various questions you may have. We're frequently adding the most popular question answers.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Sofy 🙂

I suppose there its not such documentation in Spanish, correct?

Its really overwhelming in English 🙂 - not just because of the english as such which as you can see I sort of manage but put together the language factor along with the "technical words - in any language not just in English - plus along with my not so great technical how to do knowledge" and by the time I finish my head its absolutely crazy and not able to digest any more piece of information lol

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jesus,

I'm sorry, but the documentation is only in English. I also may suggest you find tutorials on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wpforo

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Sofy

Soon, I will have ALL and every "PRASES" translated into Spanish. (I meant withing the foro) IF in any way can help you to perhaps include this in your forum for "others" I dont have a problem sending you the file (* a trustable, full, and accurate translation (if you tell me which one to sent)

Maybe a way to returning you guys a little back of all help Im getting here

*Im also buying very shortly some adds on to the foro. Is this sold by you guys or 3er parties?

Thanks

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jesus,

Soon, I will have ALL and every "PRASES" translated into Spanish. (I meant withing the foro) IF in any way can help you to perhaps include this in your forum for "others" I dont have a problem sending you the file (* a trustable, full, and accurate translation (if you tell me which one to sent)

There are several methods to create a translation, most of which are outlined in the WordPress Codex. In most cases you can contribute to the project on translate.wordpress.org, however, for creating custom translations, we find the easiest method is to use a plugin called Loco Translate.

*Im also buying very shortly some adds on to the foro. Is this sold by you guys or 3er parties?

All wpForo and wpForo addons are developed by gVectors Team. 

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Noooo, are 71 pages of translations... nothing if done a few every day...

"All addson by you guys....."

Do this mean I would be able to get help here on this foro? 🙂

The help in here (yours) is second to none, while when I check the addons "foro" it seems are quite oldated posts.... Not that I have checked many but its the first impression I received. I could be wrong as many tmes LOL

After, IF, if not also 🙂 you answered this.... this issue is another one to be mark as solved. I got so many opened I even confused myself 🤣 

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jesus,

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on the plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.