[Closed] WpDiscuz Integration

15 Posts
7 Users
7 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It's ready. But it waits for next wpForo release and addon introducing content, screens, doc, product page and so on...

(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Posted by: Robert

It's ready. But it waits for next wpForo release and addon introducing content, screens, doc, product page and so on...

I'm eagerly waiting for this! I'm using Disqus right now, but have plans to move to WPDiscuz very, very soon - this is one feature that I'd like to have before I switch.

(@alias79)
Trusted Member

I look forward "crossposting" since I installed WPforo last summer. The problem I see, think we have all those who try to give a chance to forums to this day, are social networks.

I want to effectively integrate social login on my web, the problem is that every plugin I've tried generates a new user with the social network, and if the same person had a user on my web, the same person has two users. If you enable comments for guests (without register), crossposting would generate post in the forum with "guest" name.

Today, social networks are our biggest enemy, we have to find a way to integrate them into the forum login, crosposting, etc., Have you thought about it?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Alias79,

Please note, the wpForo Crossposting Addon doesn't have any relation to Social Networks. It's Blog Crossposting  solution not Social Network Crossposting. It's already described here:

https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/wpdiscuz-integration/#post-6543

(@alias79)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Robert

Hi Alias79,

Please note, the wpForo Crossposting Addon doesn't have any relation to Social Networks. It's Blog Crossposting  solution not Social Network Crossposting. It's already described here:

https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/wpdiscuz-integration/#post-6543

Of course ... but it is not what I said.

Integrating social login is very important today; the issue is that some plugins create new users for each social network, or even allow comment without registering. How your crossposting solution would handle this , relative to the users in the forums? 

In my case (and I think in that of any web that wants to survive with a forum today),  I need to immediately install a social login that allows more easily comment on news / articles. When activating the crossposting, those comments would be transferred to the corresponding post in the forum, to users who may not exist in WPForo.

Page 3 / 3