Role "Moderator" do...

Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Role "Moderator" don't let see "waiting moderation" messages

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 rik
Topic starter
(@rik)
Eminent Member

Good morning,
For management and responses to forum users we use an account (customercare@) specially set as:
Moderator, (main role)
Participant,
Spectator,
Subscriber,
Contributor,
Author,
Editor
But with this user, when we look for new messages to which we have to respond, the "awaiting moderation" messages are not displayed (although the main role of the user is "Moderator").
We are forced to use an Administrator user that activates the upper administration bar.
Why don't the "Moderator" users show the messages waiting for moderation?
Is it a software bug?

Thanks

13 Replies
(@wmller)

I have quite a similar issue with the moderation functionality. While it would be cool to have a dedicated forum toolbar for certain roles (like, wpforos own toolbar, not the wordpress one), it is still ok, as there is also the "recent posts" -> "unapproved", where mods can check for posts to approve.

BUT, exactly that filter "recent posts" -> "unapproved" doesn't show anything, even though there are unapproved posts pending. It is just empty in any case,  when the unapproved filter is applied (but it does display for the other filters in the dropdown) - for mod roles and even for the admin role. Using latest version of wpforo and a german wordpress  environment, if that matters.

I will try and document "proof", as soon as get the chance again 😉

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @rik, @wmller,

It seems you do some wrong configuration.

Please follow the steps  below: 

1. Navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Forum Accesses admin page, edit the UsergroupsAccess, and make sure "Can approve/unapprove content" is checked.

2. Navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page, edit the Usergroups usergroup and make sure the "Dashboard - Moderate Topics & Posts" CAN is checked

3. Delete all caches, press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend, and check again.

rik
Topic starter
(@rik)
Eminent Member

Thank you for your answer but all the configurations were already correct.
But now, after saving the (same) configuration again (without modifying them), after cleaning the forum cache, after cleaning the backend cache, after cleaning the browser cache, even using the role Administrator behaves like the role Moderator and no more messages requiring moderation are listed when I click on "Recent Posts".
Only entering the single thread I discover and see that there are "Awaiting moderation" messages.

Only by going to the backend I can see the list of all messages that require moderation. Otherwise I would have to go into each of the threads to find out if there are posts to moderate.
It was better before.
At least before with role administrator I could see the new posts to moderate.
I don't know what has changed but without going to the backend every half hour, I risk not responding to users.

6 Replies
(@wmller)

@rik

Yes, what you have now, is exactly the scenario I have. My permissions also are set up.

Moderation can be seen in backend notification,  can be seen when looking at the post (the button), but not in recent posts. Neither by moderator, nor by admin user

Alvina
(@alvina)

@wmller, @rik,

Please navigate to the Recent Posts front page and you check out the following wpForo feature: Filter Dropdown(Recent, Unread, Solved...)

https://www.screencast.com/t/K98Pdupj

(@wmller)

@alvina

thanks, but exactly this is the place, where they are not shown, even though there are pending for approval posts. selecting "unapproved posts" in the dropdown just gives an empty list. That's exactly what rik is describing in his recent answer above

Only entering the single thread I discover and see that there are "Awaiting moderation" messages.

Only by going to the backend I can see the list of all messages that require moderation. Otherwise I would have to go into each of the threads to find out if there are posts to moderate

rik
(@rik)

Eminent Member

In annex the demonstration of what wmller said:

Alvina
(@alvina)

@rik,

We are going to check it. I'll update the topic asap.

Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @rik,

Sorry for the late response.

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts admin page finds the "Recent Posts Display Type" option and chose the "Posts" value and check again.

Please note this feature is only available for admins.

rik
Topic starter
(@rik)
Eminent Member

I add another problem related to the "Awaiting Moderation" function:
In the setup "New Registered Users" I set the value "User is new" to 1 because this value is enough to filter spam messages.
However, even after you have approved ten messages from a new user, the new user messages must be continuously approved.
This is as long as the user continues to write in the same thread. Only when the user creates a new thread his messages do not need to be approved anymore.
It seems that the count of messages to be approved is on threads instead of posts.

3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@rik,

In the setup "New Registered Users" I set the value "User is new" to 1 because this value is enough to filter spam messages.

Some useful options to limit just registered users and minimize spam. These options don't affect users whose Usergroup has "Can edit member" and "Can pass moderation" permissions. So please edit all Usergroups one by one and make sure the “Can pass moderation” permission is enabled.

More info here: https://gvectors.com/how-to-disable-topics-and-posts-moderation/

rik
(@rik)

Eminent Member

@alvina

Thank you very much!
I activate "Can pass moderation" for the usergroups "Registered" (role Subscriber) and "Customer".
I did NOT (obviously) do it for "Guest".

But what I would like to know is if the first post of a new "Customer" or "Registered" usergroup will have to be authorized before it becomes publicly visible (this is what I would like it to be).

This is not very clear in the documentation.

Thanks

Alvina
(@alvina)

@rik,

But what I would like to know is if the first post of a new "Customer" or "Registered" usergroup will have to be authorized before it becomes publicly visible (this is what I would like it to be).

No, as mentioned in the doc provided above, in this case, you get rid of the moderation step.