Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] User registration fails with Plugin Cookie Notice

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@marcelderadmin)
Trusted Member

I dont know why but when I try any cookie notice plugin registation/login wont work anymore.

4 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @marcelderadmin,

Please answer the following questions:

1. Please let us know the cookie notice plugin name you use?

2. Also, please let us know the register/login form you use?

3. And finally please try to explain in other words or by using some screenshot.

Topic starter
(@marcelderadmin)
Trusted Member

1. I used Cookie Notice by dFactory and GDPR Cookie Consent by WebToffee

2. Default wpForo Login/Register

3. When registering with dFactory that wont happen, When registering GDPR ... registration works, but login wont work

Topic starter
(@marcelderadmin)
Trusted Member

It looks like this only happens in Edge. Firefox worked. Edge is also not showing status message top right corner like "Success"

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@marcelderadmin,

For testing purpose please try to check by Google browser. If it works on Google that means in the Edge browser there are following issues

. In the Ed.ge browser, there is an old JS code, and it has been cached. So you need to delete all caches and check again.

. If the issue still exists you should do right click then go to the  Inspect Element or simply press F12 on the browser. tHe go to the Console tab and if there are JS errors and leave the screenshot here with errors.

. There is a specific JS error, that does not work on the Edge browser.

And finally, I'll suggest you go to the Dashboard > Forum > Tools > Privacy & Rules > admin page a check the built-in Forum Privacy Policy and GDPR compliant options.  As far as we understand the issue comes from the above mentioned GDPR  plugins, so you can start to use the wpForo built-in Forum Privacy Policy and GDPR compliant options. More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/gdpr/