Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Add Topic button visible to guests

10 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@digitalhome)

Hello,

I have set up the wpForo forum on my site and am investigating all of its possibilities.

I have two questions;

1. Critical: When a guest goes into the forum, the Add Topic button appears (which it shouldn't) and pressing on it does nothing. If the button is going to be there, then shouldn't pressing it tell visitors that they must login or register first?
  2. Suggestion: I understand that you need to make money but I find the cost of ALL the wpForo addons quite expensive. I can buy an entire standalone forum with support for about $80 to $120 a year. I would like three of you add-ons for one site: PM, cross posting and embeds but the cost is getting pretty pricey so I am reluctant to use this forum. Have you considered bundles at discounts?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

9 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi digitalhome,

Critical: When a guest goes into the forum, the Add Topic button appears (which it shouldn't) and pressing on it does nothing. If the button is going to be there, then shouldn't pressing it tell visitors that they must login or register first?

When guest click on Add Topic button, it opens pop-up window and ask for register/login. However as far as I see wpForo 1.4.1 doesn't open this pop-up message, something is wrong with JS functions. We're currently checking this...

Suggestion: I understand that you need to make money but I find the cost of ALL the wpForo addons quite expensive. I can buy an entire standalone forum with support for about $80 to $120 a year. I would like three of you add-ons for one site: PM, cross posting and embeds but the cost is getting pretty pricey so I am reluctant to use this forum. Have you considered bundles at discounts?

Sure, there are automatic discounts. You'll see the end price on checkout page. gVectors team has Sale packs. You can see examples (on wpDiscuz, but it's for all addons) here:

https://gvectors.com/gvectors-store-discounts-sale-packs/

If you buy all wpForo addons, the total price $151 will be automatically discounted to $90, this is 40% discount. Example:

In most cases, the most used addons will be discounted 20% and total price will be $56 instead of $71. Example:

Topic starter
(@digitalhome)

Thanks for the reponse.

I was doing some testing with the Sidebar and found a few problems that were quite problematic. For example:

• using the Categories widget in the Sidebar shows all categories (even uncategorized and ones you have hidden).
  • the recent posts displays the title, text, author and time which is too much. It would nice just to have
  • the title or the option of picking what info you want
    when I tried to put a widget in that was not a wpForo widget, it was not responsive.

I like a lot about these forums but unfortunately these issues make it hard to want to use.

FYI, the main reason I was interested in the wpForo forums was the Blog to Forum integration but ultimately, the inability to have a different title for the forum post with just an excerpt was a showstopper.

I am adding forums to my site later this year so I will check in before then to see if there are any updates.

Thanks again for your feedback and good luck in future development.

Topic starter
(@digitalhome)

Don't know if its an override but not being able to edit for a few minutes is frustrating. Made a typo in the last post and would have liked to fix it but I couldn't!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

using the Categories widget in the Sidebar shows all categories (even uncategorized and ones you have hidden).

wpForo doesn't have any relation to WordPress category widget. wpForo is a forum, it doesn't have Blog category.

the recent posts displays the title, text, author and time which is too much. It would nice just to have the title or the option of picking what info you want

I'm sorry but there is no option for this. We'll take this under consideration for future releases.

FYI, the main reason I was interested in the wpForo forums was the Blog to Forum integration but ultimately, the inability to have a different title for the forum post with just an excerpt was a showstopper.

I don't see why you think it's not passable to have different titles. You can do this very easy. Just edit and change topic or post title you want. If you use Blog Cross poster you should disable "Edit synchronization" in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Blog Cross Posting admin page.

Page 1 / 2