wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Assign Author for Topics and Forums

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@yipiash)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I am working on using wpforo for my learndash courses. each of my courses is assigned to an Instructor (author of the course).

I will create different forums for different courses so that students can ask queries regarding related course topics.

Now, is it possible that I create a forum and assign it to an instructor? So that when new topics are created in that forum, the instructor (forum author) gets an email and can get back to the topic instantly.

Also, is it possible that I create a topic as an admin and assign another user as the creator of it? Actually I was using comments to run the discussion previously. So when I migrate to wpforo, I need to put those already commented queries as forum topics so that I don’t lose them.

6 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @yipiash,

Thank you for your interest in wpForo. 

Now, is it possible that I create a forum and assign it to an instructor? So that when new topics are created in that forum, the instructor (forum author) gets an email and can get back to the topic instantly.

Here the instructor (forum author) should subscribe to the current forum to get email notification. 

More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/topics-posts/forum-topic-subsciption/

Also, is it possible that I create a topic as an admin and assign another user as the creator of it? 

I'm sorry, but not. You should either use the login/password of the current user and create the topic or change via DB (not recommended way). 

Topic starter
(@yipiash)
Eminent Member

Thanks for your reply!

1. Can I subscribe for others? I mean as an admin, can I make the author subscribed to that forum??

2. Any tutorial/guideline on how I can do it with DB? (as I can't log in to students' accounts 🙁 )

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@yipiash,

1. Can I subscribe for others? I mean as an admin, can I make the author subscribed to that forum??

I'm sorry, but not. wpForo doesn't have such feature the users should subscribe by themselves. This kind of options don't comply GDPR and they are not manageable.

2. Any tutorial/guideline on how I can do it with DB? (as I can't log in to students' accounts 🙁 )

Please clarify a bit. I don't follow you. 

Topic starter
(@yipiash)
Eminent Member

You should either use the login/password of the current user and create the topic or change via DB (not recommended way)

I was referring to this. Any guideline on how I  may change via DB?

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

ok @yipiash understood.

Any guideline on how I  may change via DB?

I'm sorry, but not. To tell the truth it's not a recommended way to change anything. 

Probably via some additional plugin like SQL Executioner one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/sql-executioner/

(@yipiash)

Eminent Member

alright! thanks for helping out 🙂