Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Can I add users manually skipping the registration?

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
 ksms
Topic starter
(@ksms)

I would like to keep the forum I am building for a close circle I decide about... Is there a way to add manually users? Can I do that through WordPress's "add user" section? Or that way wpForo options will not synch? Or is there a way to keep the wpForo registration accessible only to me by making it private and add from there people I only want and invite? Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

2 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @ksms,

Posted by: @ksms

Is there a way to add manually users? Can I do that through WordPress's "add user" section? Or that way wpForo options will not synch?

Yes, you can add New Users by WordPress "add user" section if "Role-Usergroup Synchronization" option is activated the new added user will be synchronized to wpForo Usergroups. You can find that option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab.

Posted by: @ksms

Or is there a way to keep the wpForo registration accessible only to me by making it private and add from there people I only want and invite?

You can close the Register option for new user by disabling Anyone can register checkbox from Dashboard > Settings > General > Membership

1 Reply
 ksms
(@ksms)

@chris Thank you so much for your quick response!!! I'm so happy I can manually add users... I have left a good review if I'm not mistaken for wpForo, but I'm happy to leave another one! Thank you again for the great work on this plugin!!!