Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Can I change colors.css file?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@zmgma)
Eminent Member

Hi there

Can I change color.css file?

I would like to remove  this line instead of using border-bottom: 0; on the custom CSS area:
wpforo-wrap #wpforo-description { border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC; }

After I remove this line, I don't know the reason, it's generated again and again.
Can I know the reason?
Thank you.

Best regards,
3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @zmgma,

The CSS files are not included in theme overwriting method. I'm really sorry but there is no way to overwrite colors.css. The only way is using colors settings options in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page.

Each CSS coded should be added in the CSS codes should be added in the "Custom CSS code" textarea.

1 Reply
 fawp
(@fawp)

Reputable Member
Posted by: @sofy

Hi @zmgma,

The CSS files are not included in theme overwriting method. I'm really sorry but there is no way to overwrite colors.css. The only way is using colors settings options in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page.

Each CSS coded should be added in the CSS codes should be added in the "Custom CSS code" textarea.

Hi there Sofy,

I'm just trying to understand how colors.css work: you say there's no way to overwrite this file but, if all the "Custom CSS Code" is stored in colors.css, would it not be a matter of adding code to into the "Custom CSS Code" section that overrides whatever needs to be ovverriden?

Just trying to understand if this works like I'm thinking in my mind?

Thanks

Topic starter
(@zmgma)
Eminent Member

Thank you for your support.

I see. How does it generate again and again even I replaced the colors.css file? It seems style.css can be edited in the backend, however, colors.css does not though.