Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Cannot delete Usergroups

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dreadkopp)

hey guys. I really like your work.

However i experienced a problem: i cannot delete usergroups. There is no error (neiter on page nor in apache/php log (php log set to debug).

my servers info:

USER AGENT Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.95 Safari/537.36
Web Server Apache/2.4.25 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2k PHP/7.1.2
PHP Version 7.1.2
MySQL Version 5.5.5
PHP Max Post Size 16G
PHP Max Upload Size 16000M
PHP Memory Limit 256M

Let me know if i can provide any more info to you to help me fix this.

Also if i put users into the group i want to delete and try to delete the group by checking the action that all users from that group should be moved to another group the users are not moved.

EDIT:

somehow by changing language of the website from german to english deleting usergroups works fine.

Cheers

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It seems the German translation doesn't include Delete word or so. But wpForo Usergroup delete function works fine and it has users migrating function to another usergroup. More info here:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/members/usergroups-and-permissions/

Topic starter
(@dreadkopp)

hmm.. since it seems to be a problem with the translation: how could i fix this?

for now in wpForo-de:_DE.po around line 379 and 479 i simply removed the translations for 'delete' and recompiled the .mo file. Now it works but of course translation is missing