Clear all

[Closed] Conflict with another plugin

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@habbodreams)
Eminent Member

Hello, I am posting this topic because I use Wp foro as well as the Login/Register addon of the Essential Addons plugin on elementor/Wordpress. I use it for my login form, registration and forgotten password and everything is connected with the forum so, on this point, everything is fine.

The login form works, the registration form works but when you want to reset the password, the link received in the email displays an invalid link! I asked Essential addon support and they asked me to deactivate each plugin one by one and when I deactivate WpForo, the password recovery link becomes valid again... The address in the email is different when WpForo is installed. How can I solve this problem by using the same 2 plugins? Cordially

7 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @habbodreams,

The reset password Link is created by wpForo or by the other plugin? Is the email template wpForo's or it's the other plugin's template?

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Email Settings, scroll down to "Reset Password Emails" and see "Overwrite WordPress Reset Password Emails" option and [reset_password_url] shortcode, that shortcode is responsible for wpForo reset password link.

Topic starter
(@habbodreams)
Eminent Member

Hello, thank you for your answer :p.
The password reset link is created by WpForo when I leave "No" in screen number 1 (it was on "Yes" to see if that changes anything). As soon as I deactivate WpForo, the link is created but does not work either... I have attached screens to show you, I have the impression that the bug is the beginning of the link address of password reset " https://habbodreams.net/sign-in/?redirect_to= " , when I remove this at the beginning of the link, the link works and leads me well to the new password form with the Essential plugin Addon is what I'm looking for. Should the link be changed? and if so do you know how to do it? Cordially

Topic starter
(@habbodreams)
Eminent Member

screen 1

Topic starter
(@habbodreams)
Eminent Member

screen 2

Page 1 / 2