wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] CSS Issue

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
foteck
Topic starter
(@foteck)
Eminent Member

I have a CSS issue where there is a padding of 23px, see below, on the forum menu, where the headings are Forums - Members - Recent Posts - My Profile - Logout

Right before Forum there is a space of 23px that I want to remove but I can not find the file to remove it with. The space is also on the drop-down menu of My Profile. I would attach images but I don't know how on this forum. I am new to css also. 

1. padding: 0 0 23px 1em;
  2. line-height: 26px;
  3. list-style-type: disc;
7 Replies
3 Replies
(@crisw)

Reputable Member
Posted by: foteck

I have a CSS issue where there is a padding of 23px, see below, on the forum menu, where the headings are Forums - Members - Recent Posts - My Profile - Logout

Right before Forum there is a space of 23px that (1) I want to remove but I can not find the file to remove it with. The space is also on the drop-down menu of My Profile. I would attach images but I don't know how on this forum. I am new to css also. 

1. padding: 0 0 23px 1em;
  2. line-height: 26px;
  3. list-style-type: disc;

Hi @foteck,

You might want to check the settings on:

1) Forum Dashboard
2) Settings:
3) Select Styles tab
on the Custom CSS Code Box is where you can try checking your present code.

It might look like the one you pasted:

padding: 0 0 23px 1em;

The 23px is the settings for the "right", so if you change that to just 0, and the 1em is for the "bottom" setting, which you can just also set to 0.

That's why you are having that space, that you showed in your screenshot.

In case you don't have anything on your Customized CSS Code, then that 23px "space" is most probably coming from your WP theme css. In order for that setting to not affect your wpForo, you can just use the CSS code below and copy it into that Customized CSS box (Step #1,2,3) above steps).

Here's the code I use on my forum, and sharing it with you:

4) Copy and paste to your Custom CSS Code Box: 

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap {
font-size: 13px;
width: 100%;
padding:10px 20px;
margin:0px;
}

5) Click UPDATE OPTIONS at the bottom.  

6) Refresh your Front page or press Control F5.

Notice above on the "padding", I only have two settings: 10px for top, and 20px for left.

Hope that helps. Good luck and God bless you.

P.S. It also really helps to get familiar with the Documentation of wpForo, because wpForo works great out of the box. More often than not, when we (the wpForo users) try and change too many things that results in these errors (I did make those mistakes when I started out!  🙂 . So, get familiar with the documentation, so you avoid errors in your customizations going forward. 🙂

https://wpforo.com/documentation/

foteck
(@foteck)

Eminent Member

Well that didn't work but let me keep trying. I don't understand why it's doing this out of the box. I have another install that doesn't do this. 

(@crisw)

Reputable Member
Posted by: foteck

Well that didn't work but let me keep trying. I don't understand why it's doing this out of the box. I have another install that doesn't do this. 

@foteck .. I also have to note, with my suggestion above, that I am using the Extended Layout on my forum.  Not sure what type of Forum Layout you are using.  (or if that has any bearing on the issue you are having).

It might help also if you copy paste your Customized CSS Code here on the Forum in your reply,

just highlight the text, then click the Code Icon above the reply box which is the 6th icon from the top right that looks like this <> 

so it's easier for the wpForo Team or the community to help you  too with the CSS.  Also mention what version of wpForo you are using.  That code worked for me in the previous version of wpForo, and also works on another latest installation of wpForo.  Good luck.  

(@fernando)
Eminent Member

I have css issues too (icons), and how to change "member" and hide checkbox for registered and customer? i dont know why are both categories :/

1 Reply
(@crisw)

Reputable Member
Posted by: fernando

I have (1) css issues too (icons), and (2) how to change "member" and (3) hide checkbox for registered and customer? (4) i dont know why are both categories :/

Hi @fernando ... 

I have (1) css issues too (icons), and (2) how to change "member" and (3) hide checkbox for registered and customer? (4) i dont know why are both categories :/

(1) Which icons?  Maybe take a screenshot and post it here so the Community might be able to help you better.

(2) Try to read this topic from wpForo Documentation:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/members/member-reputation/

3) I believe that only shows or visible only to Admins and not visible to other users. But I could be wrong.  (They can just also delete this response too, if I'm wrong on this).  

(4) This might explain: 

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/members/usergroups-and-permissions/  

I hope that helps.  Good luck and God bless you.  🙂 

(@fernando)
Eminent Member

2), 3) 4) Thanks! i'll do that

1) in image that I uploaded there are a icon on "registered" that are not displayed correctly 😉

Thanks

1 Reply
(@crisw)

Reputable Member
Posted by: fernando

2), 3) 4) Thanks! i'll do that

1) in image that I uploaded there are a icon on "registered" that are not displayed correctly 😉

Thanks

You are welcome @fernando . 

I am not sure if the ICON on the Profile Background is what you mean? (and I am guessing here 🙂 .. so if that is it, then this thread might help you below: 

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/every-profile-pic-uploaded-becomes-blurry/paged/2/#post-23367

Â