Different access rights for different forums
I would like to set up multiple top-level forums (I think this is the "Category" level) and to allow different groups of people access to each one.
I think I can nearly do this:
- set up a usergroup for each top-level forum
- set up a "forum access" for each top-level form for people in that usergroup
- create the forum and apply the forum-specific "forum access" to it
- ensure users who should have access to each forum are in the appropriate usergroup
I think this should do what I want - although I haven't tested it yet - but it leaves me with one problem.
With any particular user only being associated with one usergroup there is no mechanism to allow particular individuals to participate in more than one forum
- Should the basic approach I am outlining work as expected?
- Is there another way of doing what I am trying to do?
- Is there any way (current or planned) to have users being associated with more that one usergroup?
Please read this support post it maybe helpful:
I think that confirms what I was outlining earlier - that an individual can only be in one group at a time.
Do you know if there are any plans to change this?