wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Different size of embedded images

10 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@fredrikwordpress)
Eminent Member

Hey.

My forum automatically embed images whenever I link to some. That's fine. The problem is that it embeds them into different sizes. See this page for an example:

https://www.nyurban.no/forum/oslo/vika-prosjekt-via-ruselokkveien-26-13-et/#post-8

Is there any way I could control the size of the image embedding? It looks very messy as it is now. I would ideally have liked the images to be bigger too. 

9 Replies
1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: Fredrikwordpress

Hey.

My forum automatically embed images whenever I link to some. That's fine. The problem is that it embeds them into different sizes. See this page for an example:

https://www.nyurban.no/forum/oslo/vika-prosjekt-via-ruselokkveien-26-13-et/#post-8

Is there any way I could control the size of the image embedding? It looks very messy as it is now. I would ideally have liked the images to be bigger too. 

Works great for me.

https://www.valueweb.gr/community/off-topic/test/

Could be your theme ?

Topic starter
(@fredrikwordpress)
Eminent Member

^^ Do they really show up as equally sized in the link for you? Because they still looks to be of different sizes to me there. This is how it looks from here (with the lowest image having considerable less width than the one above): 

1 Reply
(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: Fredrikwordpress

^^ Do they really show up as equally sized in the link for you? Because they still looks to be of different sizes to me there. This is how it looks from here (with the lowest image having considerable less width than the one above): 

They look totally equal to me.

Topic starter
(@fredrikwordpress)
Eminent Member

Hm, that's weird. I've now also tried a few other browsers to make sure it wasn't with that (Opera, Firefox and IE) and they look equally as different in them - both your and mine links. 

But did you see how different the images were in my first link? 

Topic starter
(@fredrikwordpress)
Eminent Member

Hey.

I have some issues with the embedding functionality in my forum threads. For some reason images are getting embedded with different widths which really clutters the thread appearances. 

I'm wondering how I can control the width that the images are getting embedded with? Ideally I would also have liked the images to be embedded larger in general too. 

BTW: I also asked this in the uploading and embedding images thread, but only received one answer so I thought the issue would perhaps get more attention with its own thread. 
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@fredrikwordpress,

You just need to set max-height to 100% for embedded images. Put this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles Tab > Custom CSS Code textarea. Save it, delete all caches, navigate to forum front-end and press Ctrl+F5:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap img.wpforo-auto-embeded-image,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-post .wpf-right .wpforo-post-content img{
     max-width: 100%;
     max-height: 100% !important;
}
Page 1 / 2