Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Email notifications by forum

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@davidbrown)
Trusted Member

I can see in Forums|Settings|Emails that it is possible to send emails to certain addresses when a topic or reply has been posted.

Is it possible to do this for some forums but not for others?

Thank you!

5 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

What do you mean saying "to certain addresses". If those are administrator or moderator emails you can use the according option "Forum Admins email addresses" in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Emails Tab:

Topic starter
(@davidbrown)
Trusted Member

Thank you. I believe you have shown me where to set email notifications for ALL forums.

But my question was:

"Is it possible to do this for some forums but not for others?"

I suspect the answer is No. But best to ask.

(@crisw)
Reputable Member

Hi @davidbrown

You might also want to check the Topic settings at:

1) Forum Dashboard
2) Settings
3) Features tab

Then scroll down, you will see

"Topic subscription option on post editor"
This option adds topic subscription checkbox next to new topic and post submit button.
YES or NO - select YES (so that the Topic Creator can see the box, and optionally can check or uncheck to subscribe - these topics, shows up in a Member's "Activity", if he/she participates in a thread, or in the Member's "Subscription")

"Topic subscription option on post editor - checked/enabled"
Enable this option if you want the topic subscription checkbox to be checked by default.
YES or NO - select NO (so that subscription is NOT checked by default, but the Topic Creator can see the box, and have the option to check or uncheck to subscribe).

4) Click the Update Options button at the bottom of the page

5) Press Control + F5 on the Front end to refresh. 

That might be a workaround for your specific use case.  Good luck and God bless you! 🙂 

Topic starter
(@davidbrown)
Trusted Member

Thank you Cris. As you suggested, it's a workaround. But not the same as having a subscriber list attached to a specific forum.

DB

Page 1 / 2