wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Extended layout showing without trees

21 Posts
3 Users
8 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jaroslav-lachky)
Trusted Member

Hi.

I want to ask if it is possible to set my Extended layout fórum so if someone set new theme, it Will be show each post one after the other on the extendet layout? And not like trees? I think, that it Will be show like it is for Simple layout?

I like Extended, it looks nice on the front page, it's engaging and atractive, but sometimes when we discuss with two or three people and everyone has a different branch ("tree"), so someone get lost in it and it's harder for the him to find the answer and instead of disquising more, he let it go.

So is there any posibilities? Or just switch back to Simple layout without nice atractive front Page? 

Thanks for any suggestions 🙂

20 Replies
Topic starter
(@jaroslav-lachky)
Trusted Member

I am just reply, that I make mistake, because I am mean threaded layout. So if it is there any oportunity to change posts to another layout and front Page will be in threaded, I would be like 🙂 thanks 

Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

I'm not using the Threaded Layout, but that should be the function you're looking for

"Threaded Layout - Replies Nesting Levels Deep" option = "0"

Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts Tab

17 Replies
(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix thanks for Reply. That option I try, but it is possible only to write here number one so it always do some tree and not piť lás answer at the end of discussion

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

ok another way, try this

replaced the post.php from the threaded layout(4) with the post.php from the simple layout(2)

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/forum-themes/theme-customization/

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix that sound great. But can you help mé, where can I find that and how to change? I am not Programátor. When I get to my Word press account i can tap on plugin and then on edit ugins and there i see code.

Is this the place where I need to find that? Or something else? 🤔

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

you have to do this with your FTP program
download wpForo here https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpforo/
open the zip and search the layout/2/post.php (wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/layout/2/post.php)

and upload them to your Wordpress theme as described here
https://wpforo.com/docs/root/forum-themes/theme-customization/

wp-content / themes / yourtheme / wpforo / layouts / 4 / post.php

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix thanks for advice, but I tryed and cant change theme in wordpress. 

I send you screenshot, but it show me warning message about it. Maybe because, my website is working with company, ho has own theme on mioweb. It is on czech republic and name is mioweb.cz 

So I wonder, that if I just click OK and try to edit them, like you write, it can put some kind of error on page? Or if is there any programator, which can help or something? I would really like to have forum like that, but I am not sure, that I screw something with that 

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

you don't have to change anything in your Wordpress Theme, just add the wpforo folder via FTP as written above

I use FileZilla (Freeware) as an FTP program

example as a video

I use the Avada WP theme and in this Theme Folder are my customized wpForo files, Simple layout (2)

https://www.screencast.com/t/TR9BZZlwDy

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix Thanks man, I am trying it right now. 

And if I do it, it does not change or delete my forum? I mean, post or something in forum? And also last question, is it forever or with wpforo update, I need to do it again? 

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

you don't delete anything, you just add a single file (post.php) to your Wordpress Theme, nothing else

the post.php is located in folder 4
the folder 4 is located in folder layout
the layout folder is located in the wpforo folder
the folder wpforo is now hopefully in the in your Wordpress Theme

wp-content / themes / yourtheme / wpforo / layouts / 4 / post.php

This file will not be lost on forum update.

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix Thanks many times man 🙂

I tryed that, but have problem. I dont know what to write to let FileZllla know my FTP ? Or what I need to write here? (adding screenshot) 

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix because it write, that i am not connect to any server, but I dont know, hoe to connect.

My web page is: www.jaroslavlachky.sk

But not sure, how to connect it with filezilla

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

https://www.websupport.sk/support/kb/ftp-klienti/ 😉 

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix thanks 😉

I Looked at that and unfortunatly I find out, my web hosting not support any FTP changing in any themes. So I dont háve chance to change that. 😔

But many tímes thanks for helping. Maybe in future wpforo will bring something new in layouts

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

you can try a plugin like File Manager

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix thanks. Tommorrow I will Try that and let you know if it Will work. Many tímes thanks 🙂

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member
Posted by: @tutrix

@jaroslav-lachky

you can try a plugin like File Manager

Hi Turix 🙂 

I try this, it work, but another problem. When I change post.php from 2 (simple layout) and change it to layout 4 (threaded), it deseaper previous replyes.

When I open some topics, it only showing replyes which was add on front page, but everyone, which was add like tree reply, that is not showing.

Do you have any idea why? or how to change that? Because on some forums, I have 40 replies in discussion, but showing only 10  🤔 

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jaroslav-lachky

you are now using a mixed layout and have to test which settings are now correct

Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Topics & Posts Tab

example, the posts per page option (10)

I also don't know whether the post.php from the Simple Layout, with the Threaded Layout works correctly, if there are already nested answers

(@jaroslav-lachky)

Trusted Member

@tutrix Yes, that i tryed. Post per page have lot more and also try different options but still dont work. 

I was trying also post.php from extended layout (1) and also dont show nesty posts. 

So It will only work for another topics, which will be created in future, but I have got lot of them now, so dont have solution. Maybe some admin can help. 🤔 

Or just put up with it 

(@martin)
Support Team