Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] how to use Category Layout (Extended) but my replay post like Threaded

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
 sami
Topic starter
(@sami)

hi dears

how to use Category Layout (Extended) but my replay post like  (Threaded ).

please help me.

please cheak attach file

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @sami,

I'm sorry but there is no way to do that.

2 Replies
 sami
(@sami)

@robert

Is it possible to add it in future updates?

I want to buy all the plugins and that's important to me.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@sami,

We're not planning such a feature in the upcoming updates. This is just a mix this and cannot be added in the core.

I recommend you do an update-safe customization for forum template files to get what you need.

1. Create /wpforo/ folder in your current active WordPress theme

2. Create /layouts/ folder in the /wpforo/, then /4/ folder in the /layouts/ folder

3. Make sure you have this tree of folders /wpforo/layouts/4/ in the active theme folder.

4. Copy forum.php file from wpForo plugin folder: /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/layouts/1/ and paste in the /wpforo/layouts/4/ folder. So you'll have the Extended Layout forum template file in the Threaded Layout folder /wpforo/layouts/4/forum.php 

5. Change your forum top category layout to Threaded Layout. Just edit the top category and change the layout to the Threaded one:

6. Go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete All Caches] button.

That's it!

Here is the wpForo Template file customization documentation I used for this instruction:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/forum-themes/theme-customization/