Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum broken: Notice: a plugin conflict has been detected. wpForo forums are affected by other plugin errors.

20 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@lantaarntje,

Your problem is not a wpForo Problem. Please restore your website from last working point of backup and let us check the issues you had. Contact to hosting service and ask them to restore the website.

lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member

Hi

Thanks. I tried to update again to 1.6.5 and the forum broke again. So i restored the website is running again.

So if you could check - please because  i want to update wpForo.

I know the permalinks are not good as stated as before but when change them it will totally break my website #noexperience :(.

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @lantaarntje,

Please update to the latest version, do these steps:

1. Delete all caches, and wpForo cache in Dashboard >Forums > Dashboard admin page.

2. If problem exists, navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page and change the value of "Enable Output Buffer" option. If it's set "Yes" change it to "No", if it's "No" set it "Yes". Delete all caches and check it again.

3. If you don't see any result or if forum is displayed in incorrect place of website page, change the option back and go to Dashboard > Pages admin page and find your forum main page. Edit it and make sure it contains [wpforo] shortcode, then save and delete all caches again.

4. Check your active WordPress theme folder, if you have a /wpforo/ folder with customized template files, please rename this folder, delete all caches and test it. If the issue is solved, it means something wrong with your old customized template files or those are outdated. use new template files from /wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/ folder.

lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member

Ok thanks for the update. I will check.

lantaarntje
Topic starter
(@lantaarntje)
Trusted Member

Tried version 1.7.0 

Error thrown

Call to a member function is_exist() on null

Notice: a plugin conflict has been detected. wpForo forums are affected by other plugin errors. Please deactivate all plugins, delete all caches and test again. Then activate all plugins back one by one and find the conflict maker plugin.

I'm tired of this 🙁

Page 3 / 4