Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Frontend like comment posting without needing to register?

22 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please do a proper test before posting here. Other visitors don't see posts which are under moderation. We just checked as guest and there is no any post visible.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thanks for reply on addon. However, even the file uploader did not show in my incognito guest test when adding a topic.

As I've already said. If you use addon, there will not be any file upload option.

I tried emails like myname+1@gmail.com (which are actually valid) and ones like my somewebsite.com@gmail.com which I have for some of my websites, but your plugin refuses reg with such emails.

Please don't use such emails. This is not supported yet.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

this kind of emails works fine "somewebsite.com@gmail.com". The emails with + may not work on some browsers. but it works fine on our tested forums too.

mamamia
Topic starter
(@mamamia)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Robert

this kind of emails works fine "somewebsite.com@gmail.com". The emails with + may not work on some browsers. but it works fine on our tested forums too.

Hi Robert,

Strange, because when I try to register with that kind of email and it does not accept it in your plugin.

It only permits this via frontend guest submissions.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You didn't said that you mean the registration form. You were talking about Guest Posting fields. So I was answering for Guest posting fields and i was testing on Guest Posting email field.  Please always specify the exact thing you're talking about. We'll check the registration form and fix in future releases. Thank you for letting us know.

Page 4 / 4