Clear all

[Closed] Getting Started Videos for V2.0

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 rhj4
Topic starter
(@rhj4)

I have been looking at YouTube videos on getting started with WPForo  but they are all out of date given the very recent release of V2.0. I have installed V2.0 and I assume that you use shor codes on each page to define what goes there, but cannot find anything about short codes. My other assumption is that you define the functionality of the pages and I just have to find / create a page with the appropriate name, but I cannot find clear information on where I set those page names. 

What I really need is a simple (video if possible) tutorial on getting started. Can you recommend one?

5 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

For 99% of cases you only need ONE shortcode ([wpforo]) and ONE page. And that page is actually automatically created.

rhj4
Topic starter
(@rhj4)

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't address my larger questions:

1) I am using the DIVI theme. Are there compatibility / integrations I need to be aware of?

2) I saw a passing reference to another plugin that is necessary to setup the sidebar. Is this correct? Where can I find more?

3) I added toe [wpforo] shortcode to a DIVI page. The result is a terrible mess and I cannot exit the page. 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

No compatibilities with any theme, sometimes some css adjustments are needed.

Nothing else is needed for sidebar.

"The result is terrible mess" means what exactly?

rhj4
Topic starter
(@rhj4)

As an old database guy  am deeply impressed with a developer team that publishes  the schema of the underlying database, I want to thank you and hang in there. BUT, I am having some challenges getting started with your plugin. I understand that all of the code sits on a single page, but when that page hijacked (replaced) my home page, I had a moment of panic. 

What I want is a primary menu tab labeled "Forum" that fits in with the other pages on my site, but I haven't yet found how to do that. Although there is lots of detailed documentation, I haven't found simple examples of how to setup a page and fit it into the main menu..

I use DIVI, but cannot create a DIVI page that I can style and make work.  

Can you point me to some simple step-by-step examples that shoe page creation and integration with the primary menu.

Page 1 / 2