[Solved] Hidden Boards show up in Forum Search Results

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@pudzpud)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I have some admin/moderator/vip boards that are hidden on the main forum - at present only myself (admin) can see these boards when logged in (see screenshot attached)

A VIP member has contacted me to say that anyone who searches for a phrase used in any of these admin/hidden boards can see them in search results i.e. if you search for VIP whether logged in or not, the results will show up from the General VIP Chat which is in the hidden boards/admin section.  How can I exclude these boards from showing up in search without having to actually delete them all?  Theya re handy for moderators and vip's to discuss any issues with members etc but we obviously dont't want all of this searchable.  Thanks for any help - I will attach two further screenshots to show more info

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@pudzpud)
Eminent Member

Screenshot attached showing the hidden boards in this Admin section - including the General VIP Chat

Topic starter
(@pudzpud)
Eminent Member

Final screenshot attached showing the results from using search on the forum - they show up.  You can recreate this by visiting forum and typing in VIP in search bar.

This not only happens with VIP - If I put any term in thesearch bar on main forum and it is mentioned in the hidden boards they will all show up.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@pudzpud,

You should do the same permission configuration to all forums of that category. The category is not enough to keep private the sub forums data. So, edit all forums and sub-forums under the "Admin Only" category one by one and set "No Access" to all usergroups excerpt the admin.

Then go to wpForo > Overview admin page and click the [Delete all caches] button.

1 Reply
(@pudzpud)

Eminent Member

@robert Thank you so much.  I was already glad to be away from smf format and using wpforo, but quick and helpful replies like this make me like this set-up even more.

Newbie says thanks again