Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How are the links for...?

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

If this is a custom menu you ca use Custom Link menu type and put  shortcode URL:

/%wpforo-profile-account%/

Topic starter
(@gigagaga)
Thanks for the answer. In the wordpress menu no problem. But I want to link it somewhere else on the site. How do I do that?
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

We've created these shortcode URLs especially to allow you use Menu system and put any wpForo menu in any WordPress menu. you just need to use WP menu system for creating the Drop-Down menu in screenshot. This is the best and correct way. There is no other ways to generate member account menus.

Also please note, the Menu system is dynamic, wpForo controls menus for logged in and guest visitors and hides/shows according menu. If you use it out of menu system you should make this dynamic conditions yourself.

Topic starter
(@gigagaga)

I want to install the link here:

<a class="dropdown-item" href="/%wpforo-profile-account%/">
                    <i class="fa fa-cog"></i>
                    <?php esc_html_e('My settings', 'grid'); ?>
</a>

wenn ich da drauf klicke, bekomme ich oben in der url immer das angezeigt:
http://domain.tld//%wpforo-profile-account%/

1 Reply
(@gigagaga)

If I click on it, I get up in the url always the indicated:

http://domain.tld//%wpforo-profile-account%/

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi gigagaga,

You're adding /%wpforo-profile-account%/ in HTML so you'll get the same with domain name. You browser can't do a magic and replace it to real link, this is HTML code this is not PHP function. I've already explaned above that the best way to do this is replacing your dropdown HTML to WordPress menu system. Register a  new menu location in WordPress theme functions.php, then navigate in Dashboard to Appearance > Menus, create new menu and attach to custom registered menu location.

More info how to register custom menus in Wordpress:

Step 1: Create custom menu location - Register menu

Step 2: Create custom menu with wpForo shordcodes and attach to custom menu location:

Page 2 / 3