Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] how can I have something simple like this?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Clau
Topic starter
(@clau)

hello, I would like to know how I can have my forum simple, like here in the wpforo community, just the parent forum name and then create the posts where people can interact, I mean in my forum people have to click like 3 times to get to the part where they can write the message or see the topic. I attach a picture to show what I'd like to have, parent forum and right there write the topics

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @clau

That's Threaded Layout, you can change the Layout of the Forum in the Category Settings from Dashboard > wpForo > Forums…

Clau
Topic starter
(@clau)

hi chris, I can't make it work they way I want it, could you be more specific maybe please?
When i create for example the forum "test 1" it's not displayed unless I create something else inside it, right? so the topic where people can send their comments takes more clicks to open.

I want it to be like in the second picture, where the support forum would be my "test 1" forum and the topic is right there available to add comments

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@clau,

"wpForo Support Forum" is the name of the category, That category contains 4 forums in it:

1. How-to and Troubleshooting
  2. wpForo Integration
  3. General Discussions
  4. Bug Reports

If you press on the icon next to "wpForo Support Forum" text, you would see the Forums in the Category.

If you set Threaded Layout you can have "Add Topic" button on the Category Layout and by pressing it the users selects the forum in which the topic should be added. 

Clau
Topic starter
(@clau)

I think I will keep what I have. Thanks a lot