Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How can Users delete their own account? (GDPR-related question)

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@carro-carro)

Are Users able to delete their own accounts from wpforo? According to GDPR, Users have the right to have all their personal information/data deleted.

Is there a plugin that works with wpforo, that enables Users to delete their own account?

Or is the only possibility that Admin deletes members, after they send an email to Admin?

5 Replies
Topic starter
(@carro-carro)

Found a great plugin "delete me" that works perfectly! 

(@tubby)

... but this does not delete the forum posts, only the WordPress posts and WordPress comments, I read the description well.

Did you try, what happens with the forum posts?

Topic starter
(@carro-carro)

Oh you are right! This plugin did not delete the posts automatically:/ There was an option on the settings for the plugin "delete me", that deletes "all comments" but not all posts... 

But i wrote a "warning message" (through the settings of plugin "delete me") that pops up before the User deletes the account, that mentions that the users posts will still be on the forum, but the author changes to "Anonymous" and that the User shall delete any comments they do not want to still be published/visible on the forum before they delete the account. I really hope that is enough and that it is in accordance with GDPR.

Admin has the possibility to delete any posts which include personal data/information and Admin also receives an e-mail whenever someone deletes their user-account, so i might have to check the posts of "Anonymous-users" manually also.  

If you find any other good plugin for this purpose, please notify me since i really need a good solution for this. 

Kind regards, 

TGW
(@tgw)
Estimable Member

Hello!
Jumping in to ask if there is any better way to do this? I mean, GPDR compliance is a pretty big deal, and users definitely look for a "delete my account" option - I get a few per month.

If it could be done via shortcode that would be awesome. A shortcode button for the user to mark their forum posts anonymous or delete them.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@tgw Just create a detailed form (with a plugin) for the user to ASK for his account to be deleted.

Even Wordpress doesn't support directly this.