Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to add members to forum and not entire customer database

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@katharina)

Hello,

I have woocommerce membership and subscriptions and am trying to install WpForo within my membership site.

I have tried it out and noticed that WPforo pulls all the existing customers from my woocommerce store within the forum.

Is there a way so that I can only import members who have paid for the membership into the forum?

Please be so kind and let me know.

Thanks!

Katharina

PS: I am also having issues with my site speed once I installed the forum. Any recommendations?

3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @katharina,

Is there a way so that I can only import members who have paid for the membership into the forum?

I've just asked our developers about it and currently, I'm waiting for the response from them. I'll update the topic asap.

PS: I am also having issues with my site speed once I installed the forum. Any recommendations?

wpForo is designed to be very fast and work with small and large databases. However, there are many factors that may slow wpForo. Please follow the instructions in this topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/forum-is-slow/

Topic starter
(@katharina)

Thank you for your quick reply!

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @katharina,

You can achieve it via Accesses and User Groups.

wpForo forums have permission settings in the Edit Forum screen. Edit the forum and use these settings to control Usergroup accesses and privileges in that forum. Each Usergroup has some Forum Access set in each forum. For example, The Registered Usergroup ( Subscriber User Role) has Standard Forum Access by default in all forums.

For example, if you set the "No Access" forum access for Registered Usergroup in X forum. All users who are in Registered Usergroup will not be able to view that forum and topics in that forum. Because the "No Access" forum access permissions are set this way by default:

• NO Can view forum
  • NO Can view topic
  • NO Can view replies

You can find all permissions of No Access forum access in Dashboard > Settings > Forum Access > No Access (edit) screen.

More info can be found in this FAQ topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

I have tried it out and noticed that WPforo pulls all the existing customers from my woocommerce store within the forum.

Also please note, the users are the same WordPress users, they are the same objects and exist on all places(for wpforo/ woocommerce and etc.).