Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to change permalinks structure?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@nican)
Trusted Member

Hello,

currently all my forum topics' permalinks contain the forum category name, eg.

aikyam.net/forum/spirito/ascoltando/

I 'd like them to be without the category, like

aikyam.net/forum/ascoltando/

Is this possible?
I can't find any option to manage permalinks in WpForo.

Thank you

5 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @nican,

We're sorry but there is no way to change the permalink structure.

I'll suggest you to check the wpForo short URL. Just click the "link" icon of each post to get a Short and Full URL.

2 Replies
(@nican)

Trusted Member

@alvina Thnak you. I think you guys should add this possibility. 
Because currently if I move a topic to another category the url changes (because it contains the "category" name).
Using a permalink structure without the category name the url would remain the same even when changing the category.

Another solution would be to automatically add a redirect from the old url to the new one whenever a topic is moved to a different category.

Thanks

Alvina
(@alvina)

@nican,

Another solution would be to automatically add a redirect from the old url to the new one whenever a topic is moved to a different category.

Please follow this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/when-i-move-all-topics-content-of-forum-a-to-forum-b-how-to-have-the-old-urls-redirect-to-new-forum-with-301-and-not-duplicate-content/#post-45423

(@palamike)

It is really nice feature !

However,

Is there any options to use "Short Url" by default in wpforo ?

I mean the global permalink structure for wpforo topics.

Since I am using utf-8 characters on our language which always shorten by wordpress permalink structure which have limited characters, So I would like to use only "Short URL" in systems.

I also try plugin that increase permalink characters but unfortunately it is always have problem when wordpress upgrade version so i have been looking for solution to use clean url like "Short URL" for the whole forum instead.

And currently I learned that, SEO is not have much effect for the keyword on url.

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@palamike,

I've just asked our developers about it and currently, I'm waiting for the response from them. I'll update the topic asap.