[Solved] How to change the post layout like in this forum?
I was wondering how if it's possible the change the post layout like in this forum where the User meta is at the top of the post, see the attached image.
I want only the avatar and the number to be on the left and the rest of the info above the post.
I have one problem with the Threaded layout, on the front forums page under the Recent topics, it shows the pinned posts at the top instead of the last post and I only want to show the last 5 posts.
Those pinned posts are important but only if you go into that specific forum. On the front forums page, it should show only the last posts and I can't control that 😒
Please do these steps to make the change in update-safe way.
1. Create a /wpforo/ folder in your current active theme folder. If you have a child theme create it in the child theme folder.
2. Create /layouts/ folder in the /wpforo/ folder, then create /4/ folder in the /layout/ folder. So the end directory should look like this: /wp-content/themes/your-active-theme/wpforo/layouts/4/
3. Copy /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/layouts/4/forum.php file and paste in the new created directory: /wp-content/themes/your-active-theme/wpforo/layouts/4/
4. Edit the copied file and find this line:
$args = array( 'row_count' => WPF()->forum->options['layout_threaded_intro_topics_count'], 'forumids' => $child_forums, 'orderby' => 'type, modified', 'order' => 'DESC' );
5. Change it to this and save:
$args = array( 'row_count' => WPF()->forum->options['layout_threaded_intro_topics_count'], 'forumids' => $child_forums, 'orderby' => 'modified', 'order' => 'DESC' );
More information about update-safe way customization of wpForo temlate files you can find here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/forum-themes/theme-customization/