Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to hide the entire forum behind a login/register page?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@yellowvurt)

I have played around with this (very good) forum and love it but I've not been able to find a way of hiding the entire forum behind a password protection. I've tried to add the forum shortcake to a password protected page which is an OK solution (but not ideal) but this doesn't stop people accessing the forum root URL. What I would like is for every visitor to hit a register/login page before they are allowed to see the topics let alone be able to post. 

Am I missing something obvious?

Kind regards,
Patrick

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

1. Navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus admin page.

2. Select wpForo Navigation in drop-down menu and open it

3. Open the first "Forum" menu, and change the value to /%wpforo-login%/ , this will show login form for guests and forum list for logged in users.

(@bethanne711)
Eminent Member

Hi Robert! Thanks for the answer to this question. I did make the changes that you have listed there, but they didn't work. Do you have another way? Is there something else I'm missing? www.avasure.com/community 

I'm just starting off creating this forum. 

Thanks!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi BethAnne711,

What do you mean saying "didn't work"?

This change makes the forum home page as a login page. If you don't have other Menus to the home page this will be the only forum home page. user should login or register to see the forum home.

(@anibal)

I also want to hide the forums and topics (titles), your contribution worked, although I would have preferred, have the option to hide / show the forums and topics at will.

If this is not possible I will settle for your solution.

However, your solution does not solve the fact that if someone has the URL of the page, it arrives directly without going through the login, How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Google translate

Page 1 / 2