2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
olivia.hinkle
Topic starter
(@olivia-hinkle)
Trusted Member

We have a post and included in the title is this verbiage: unable_to_lock_rows

When I search unable to lock rows, the forum shows this post but far down the list.

How can I make the search look at all the words I am using together first and then separately?

The search seemed great when we first started and now seems to have become less accurate. Is it just my perception or is there something I can do to improve our search results?

Also, if I search TLS (also included in a post title) I get no results and just a blank screen is returned with the adv. search options at the top.

Thank you!

Olivia

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

When I search "unable to lock rows", the forum shows this post but far down the list.

All these words are often used. These words don't have searching "power". So wpForo search has no chace to get better result. It based on MySQL database Search Functions. I'm sorry but there is no way to customize wpForo search logic. I recommend use filters on search pages to get more accurate results.

The search seemed great when we first started and now seems to have become less accurate. Is it just my perception or is there something I can do to improve our search results?

Nothing is changed in wpForo Search. The only change is your database size, you have more posts and the result comes with more content.

Also, if I search TLS (also included in a post title) I get no results and just a blank screen is returned with the adv. search options at the top.

This also possible. because MySQL Server does better search with 4 and more chars.

BTW: we working on wpForo Search and it'll be smarter in future releases for sure.