Topic starter
(@exekutive)
Trusted Member
3 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @exekutive

I am getting a LOT of duplicate posts. It seems to happen when the forum gets busy. Here is an example.

https://carkiller.com/scottykilmer/qa/why-does-my-car-continue-to-long-crank-till-it-starts/

https://carkiller.com/scottykilmer/qa/why-does-my-car-continue-to-long-crank-till-it-starts-2/

Those are NOT duplicates (the above example). They are DIFFERENT.

(@exekutive)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis 

They are the same questions, Dima. the user made some changes, but only submitted once. So why are there two topics?

(@exekutive)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis 

And don't worry ... there are plenty which are identical.

(@manos_devo)

Could this be related to this topic?

I also got a few duplicate posts and then I realized that there was a delay on the refresh of the page and on the green notification (the page refresh after 5-6 seconds after the loading animation is done) and as a result many people including ourselves were confused and they were hitting the button two or even 3 times.....

5 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @manos_devo

Could this be related to this topic?

I also got a few duplicate posts and then I realized that there was a delay on the refresh of the page and on the green notification (the page refresh after 5-6 seconds after the loading animation is done) and as a result many people including ourselves were confused and they were hitting the button two or even 3 times.....

The link you post is probably private.

But what you say could be the cause. Some issue or a slow server or a huge forum, can delay and people refresh again and again.

(@manos_devo)

@dimalifragis I am sorry, you are right.

I replaced the link with the public one.

In my case, the problem is fixed. I posted the reason on the relevant thread.

Thanks.

(@exekutive)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis thanks I'll give it a read. It is a largish forum with around 21k members and 25k topics. Submitting posts can take around 10s when it's busy

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @exekutive

@dimalifragis thanks I'll give it a read. It is a largish forum with around 21k members and 25k topics. Submitting posts can take around 10s when it's busy

Take a look for the email out (smtp) issues and if this is not the case, and if you have any empty debug log and if no JS errors, then it is time to upgrade your hosting plan.

(@exekutive)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis email notifications are disabled

Topic starter
(@exekutive)
Trusted Member

this is not the result of someone clicking too many times

Page 2 / 2