Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Slow automatic refresh after Add Reply

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@manos_devo)

Hi,

I noticed, that when I reply to a thread, I see the working animation on the top right corner spinning, and as soon as it is done nothing happens. It's only after 4-5 seconds (after the animation is done which takes another 3 seconds) that the page reloads and you see the green notification that you have successfully replied.

This is really confusing as people are spamming the add reply button and as a result, they post the same message twice or even 3 times.

I cannot see any JS errors in the console and I do not use any Optimisation caching plugins.

In contrast, when you create a new topic or delete a message the green notification pops up almost immediately and it's much faster.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Remembering your other topic about the issues that got solved but never got indentified, i must say that there are no mysteries here.

You either have an issue with WP or your hosting is very poor. And the steps to follow clear.

If you have no js issues, then is your debug . log clean (if you have enabled it)? Any other issues?

If you are 100% sure you have no php or db issues, then there are some debug plugins that will help you to find the cause. Query monitors for example.

But you understand what without knowing your url, your PHP version, your memory, your db version, it is impossible to help you.

(you could also create a new topic, post the url and make the topic PRIVATE. That way only the support guys here will see it and maybe they can help you)

Topic starter
(@manos_devo)

Hi @dimalifragis,

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed the two issues might be connected.

I think I will do that just to be sure.

Thank you very much!

Topic starter
(@manos_devo)

UPDATE

The problem is solved.

The reason for the delay was that on the website we have set up an SMPT account for the emails. Recently someone made a change to our email provider and as a result, we had to update the credentials of the SMTP.

So the website couldn't send emails at all. I guess that when someone was submitting his reply WPforo was trying to send a notification email and couldn't so it was taking quite some time until it gets a fail response back from WP that is why there was a huge delay on the refresh of the page.

Thank you all for your help.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@manos_devo Thank you for the update.

Thank you because most people do not update about their findings ...