wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Error 500 after posting a post

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
DMolina
Topic starter
(@dmolina)
Trusted Member

I have been using wp_foro for some time, it is an excellent plugin, but for a long time every time I publish an entry, it takes a while to publish and at the end it throws a 500 error on the screen, the publication as such is done but emails are not usually sent, I would like to know a possible solution to this problem.

Adjunto una captura del error 500

11 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

This is an issue probably with the Microsoft IIS 8.5 service you use.

While Windows hosting should not be used for Wordpress, you can enable standard Wordpress debug to a log to check what is wrong.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@dmolina,

1. It could be email sending issue, your hosting email sending server is not configured.
  2. Navigate to Settings > Permalinks admin page and click the [Update options] button.
  3. Check errors in Dashboard > Forums > Debug > Error & Issues admin page.
  4. Make sure you don't have any issue in Tools > Site Health admin page
  5. Leave your forum URL.
1 Reply
DMolina
(@dmolina)

Trusted Member

@robert 

1. It could be email sending issue, your hosting email sending server is not configured.
    R: I will check the e-mail sending server configuration again. Although the site sends the emails correctly, it is only when the 500 error appears after publishing an entry that fails and this specifically in that entry.
  2. Navigate to Settings > Permalinks admin page and click the [Update options] button.
    Check errors in Dashboard > Forums > Debug > Error & Issues admin page.
    Make sure you don't have any issue in Tools > Site Health admin page

R: Reviewing these sections does not show any error, everything is working correctly!

3. Leave your forum URL.
    R: The url of the forum is private, do I need to give it access so that I can review it more thoroughly?

And the problem is that this error is random, the people who usually publish the most posts are the ones who report the errors to me, and so it may fail them once a day, or two, or not at all. There is no pattern to follow to reproduce the bug.

(@paulag)

I had a similar problem yesterday
When I reply to a post, I get an error page HTTP Error 500.
Then it says I'm posting too fast if I hit the back button on the browser.
So I disabled the plugin and activate it again.

7 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@paulag Do you also use IIS (Microsoft) for hosting?

DMolina
(@dmolina)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis If I use IIS for hosting

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @dmolina

@dimalifragis If I use IIS for hosting

What do you mean?

I have seen error 500 only in IIS hosting. This is why i ask and also @robert asked about it. *Unix hosters usually display different errors.

DMolina
(@dmolina)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis Do you think that the error could be caused by the hosting? for working under IIS?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@dmolina Of cource. IIS / Windows hosting is not native hosting for Wordpress.

DMolina
(@dmolina)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis I understand, it is very possible that the same hosting is giving this problem, since IIS is not native to Wordpress, and because of that errors can occur that are difficult to solve since they are not constant

DMolina
(@dmolina)

Trusted Member

@paulag Thanks for answering!
The problem is that the website where I use it has a very large and active community, therefore I cannot afford to deactivate the plugin, as it would affect the operation of the site.
Besides that it is not a frequent problem, it is more random.

Hopefully it can be resolved!