wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] I keep getting kicked out of wpforo.com

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Teratoma
Topic starter
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

It seems to happen when I edit my profile. I was testing my profile here because of profile problems on my own install. I was able to post too, but several times now I've been kicked out and unable to log back in until clicking "forgot password" (which I hadn't) and resetting it (to what it already had been, other than just this last time).

I don't know how long It will let me stay on - hopefully enough to post this!

2 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi Teratoma,

this may be browser issue, we've never faced with such problem. Also there were not any report by our users. This maybe WP cookie issue, or coolie conflict in browser. I'd recommend to test forum using Browsers Private Mode / Private Sessions. Or try other PC/Browser. 

Teratoma
Topic starter
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

After trying several times with Firefox and Chrome and deleting cookies on both, I discovered I could not change my password through the wpForo profile editor. I would get the tooltip notification that it had been updated, but only the auto-generated password from the retrieval system before would work.

I was just now able to change it to what I wanted using your wp dashboard, then log out and back in with my chosen password for the first time. Also on my mobile.

I'm no longer being kicked out and my chosen password is working, so I guess it's resolved unless other people encounter it too.