Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Integation with Woocommerce Memberships

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dexter-s)

Hi!

I'm creating my forum with wpforo and it looks amazing, I am very happy. I need to block access to each forum independently with woocommerce memberships. Is there a way to do it? I'm looking for information but can't find anything.

Exactly I need this that I have seen that bbpress has: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-memberships-bbpress-integration/

Unfortunately the feature of wpforum roles and groups that I have seen in the documentation does not work for me.

To give a little more information, I sell 4 different memberships, and based on the membership that customers buy, I want them to be able to see one, two, three or four forums (with their respective topics), but not all. It's not a problem for me if people can see the titles of the topics and forums, but not the content.

With bbpress it is solved perfectly (in the post that I shared, in the first image it is clearly seen how it allows to choose a specific forum and assign it to a woocommerce memberships). This solution is perfect, but I like wpforo better if I can solve that.

Any solution? It's possible to do what I need? If not, are there plans to integrate it?

Thank you!

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @dexter-s,

Please read this Topic about wpForo Usergroups, Forum Accesses and WordPress User Roles.

1. you need to enable Role-Usergroup Synchronization from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab.

2. Create leveled wpForo User groups.

3. Bind them with WordPress Leveled user groups which you have and synchronize the user groups.

4. Edit the Categories or Forums and Select Forum Access for each wpForo user group, which are synchronized with WordPress user groups.

5. Bind WordPress Usergroups to WooCommerce.

2 Replies
(@dexter-s)

@chris,

thanks for your answer. I have tried the steps that you have told me but they do not help me because in WP a user can only have a single role, but a user can buy several memberships, with which he could have access to as many forums as he bought memberships. With the role system you could only assign access to a single forum since you could not add a user in different usergroups with the Role-Usergroup Synchronization function.

I think the solution would be to add in each forum an option to link it with different memberships, or add in woocommerce membership the possibility of choosing the forums in "content restrict" (just like bbpress does).

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@dexter-s,

bbpress is WordPress content type. Which lets to integrate it very easy.

wpForo is not WordPress content type, wpForo is designed as standalone forum.

With wpForo you can do it manually. After buying the membership, you will need to change the user's user group.

Also, there are plugins which will let to make WordPress multirole, but I don't know would it work correctly or not.

If you want to do this automatically, you can contact sales[at]gvectors.com to see if they can do this.