Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Issue in text editor since WP 5.0

6 Posts
3 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter
(@pierre)

Hello!

Since I've migrated from WP 4.9.8 to 5.0, the text editor doesn't display TinyMCE buttons and controls (it become a simple textarea). I've installed the "Classic Editor" plugin (the official one for those who don't want to use Gutenberg), but the issue remains.

Could you help me ?
Thanks.

5 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Well i believe that this issue will be fixed by wpForo asap, if verified.

Still, never update immediately when a version changes (4.x to 5 in this case). There is NO WAY not to have problems with plugins and WP.

3 Replies
(@pierre)

Hello!

Well @anonymous20, I'm plugin author and I can assure you all my plugins are tested and ready for a new WP version weeks before official release 😉 ... and I know it's the same thing for wpForo too! (that's why I love wpForo).

And, @robert, you're just right. That's an issue with deferred script. I had to exclude tinymce.min.js and editor.min.js. Now all is ok. Thanks for the help 😍 

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: Pierre Lannoy

Hello!

Well @anonymous20, I'm plugin author and I can assure you all my plugins are tested and ready for a new WP version weeks before official release 😉 ... and I know it's the same thing for wpForo too! (that's why I love wpForo).

Well i'm not talking specifically about your plugins or wpForo. It is a good rule not to update immediately when a major version is released. And also not to update anything at all (and release updates if you are a developer) on weekends.

Following that i can sleep at night......

(@pierre)

You're definitely right. But when your projet is a side-project you make it only in your free time which is mainly weekends 😉

That's the "price" of OSS for me  🤣 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

There is no such issue in wpForo in general. This is a cache or some site specific issue. Please delete all caches, reset all optimizer/minyer plugins and press Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end. wpForo doesn't have any issue with WP 5.0 and with New Editor.The TinyMCE is available in WP 5.0 core so wpForo use it without any additional manipulation and without installing TinyMCE plugin, you can disable that plugin and use gutenberg without any problem.