Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Issue with Buddypress avatar sync

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@twizle2)

So I am actually have 2 issues atm

1: The first issue is when someone sets their profile pick via buddypress it is not syncing with the forums, causing people to have to set 2 different avatars

After digging for awhile I saw that someone said the "enable custom avatars" needed to be disabled. I did that and it has not worked. Was wondering if I could get some help with this

2: I am having a weird visual issue when i load the forums page. It starts as a forum in the middle then jumps to full screen (which is what I want). Not sure if this is a formatting issue but was wondering if it can load full screen properly with having it jump (pgogaming.com/forums) is where you can see what I am talking about

Thank you in advance

8 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @twizle2,

1: The first issue is when someone sets their profile pick via buddypress it is not syncing with the forums, causing people to have to set 2 different avatars

We've just test and don't find such an issue on our test website. It seems there is a cache issue. So please delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend before checking.

2: I am having a weird visual issue when i load the forums page. It starts as a forum in the middle then jumps to full screen (which is what I want). Not sure if this is a formatting issue but was wondering if it can load full screen properly with having it jump (pgogaming.com/forums) is where you can see what I am talking about

Please try the following CSS code:

.container {
width: 100% !important;
}

The CSS code should be added in the  Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, "Custom CSS code" textare.
Topic starter
(@twizle2)

So i deleted all the caches, still having the avatar issue

The CSS code fixed the jumping issue. Thank you

Topic starter
(@twizle2)

actually the CSS issue caused the entire site to react by extending everything. I am assuming that is do to a cache plugin combining the stylesheets?

Topic starter
(@twizle2)

Any update on this issue?

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the  My Profile > Account admin page make sure in the "Avatar" section checked "Default avatar".

2. Then set the avatar in the Buddypressn and check again. You will see that the avatars are the same.

But please note if you set the avatar using other options(screenshot below), in this case, the avatar will not be sync with Buddypress avatar. In this case, the avatars will be different(not the same).

Page 1 / 2