Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Like Button Suddenly Absent for Administrator

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

I (the Administrator) recently updated wpforo (and also changed some settings to show more recent topics, changed my email address, rankings of members, and reduced number of minutes people can edit/delete their posts.)  After that, the like button for the administrator disappeared. Can't figure out what happened. Any thoughts?   Have been using wpforo for 17 months with no issue.

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi jeanne,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Forum Accesses admin page, edit the access for  Admin usergroup (it is usually the Full access), make sure the "Can like" checkbox is checked. 

Topic starter
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

Thank-you, Sofy, but I did all that (checked access) and still there is no like button. I can like other people's posts but people can't like my posts and that was never a problem before.  (And I want the feedback from people).  The site is jeannemayell.com and Jeanne is the administrator (me). Perhaps there is something else going on?   Here's a typical thread with a post from me:  https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/reading-the-amazing-tarot/this-is-a-test-testing-the-forum/#post-7185

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi jeanne,

Please note, that wpForo doesn't allow like own posts. Neither the administrators nor regular users can like their own posts, so the like buttons will be missing on own posts.