7 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi guys 🙂

I just found that a member has added some links (totally fine links) relevant to the post but for my surprise they are NOT opening in a new window hence it can be sending people away for the forum

- Is there a way to set up this so that any link, all of them, past, present and future will open automatically in a new window?

- Even better, is there a way to achieve the previous BUT when the link is within the forum on this case will open on the same window? (thought Im not so sure if this last option its really convenient

*Obviously I know there is a checkbox for this BUT, I know but not everybody have to realise that and ideally I will not like to check every single link by myself.

Thanks 🙂

6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

You need a plugin for that.

Works ok with WP 5.7, setit up and you are ok.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/sem-external-links/

(nevermind it is not tested with 2-3 versions of WP, there are other plugins like that, newer but they display all kind of dashboard ads etc etc)

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hey man, what would I do without you 🤣

Thanks 😀

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Only trying to help this community and the makers of wpForo with what i know and use.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Dimilifragis 🙂

One more question please, trying to learn some between this and our last topic 🙂

At some point that plugin says among its feautes:

• Add rel=nofollow to the links. (Note: You can use a rel=”follow” attribute on links to override this.)

Do this means (just a guess) that I can add that in a way that I will not "lose "importance" in ranking strategy) for linking to other places?

Or should I forget about it cos I have not idea what Im talking about it? 🤣 

Thanks 🙂

Page 1 / 2