Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Logged-in Users becoming Anonymous Posters

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@schisnell)

I'm getting about 10-20% of my users' posts being recorded as Anonymous. I don't want anyone not to be identified. But I can't seem to find where/why this may be happening. And it's happening to no single user exclusively (I don't think); in other words, sometimes a user's name goes through, sometimes it becomes anonymous. 

I've double-checked settings, I've tried deleting caches, etc. All of my new users are automatically enrolled as the correct usergroup.  I suspect (I'm new to wpforo) that I'm missing some basic setting somewhere. . . . 

And ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Topic starter
(@schisnell)

As I review the Anonymous entries, two things have occurred:

1. It seems most or all of these entries have also had "Link Removed" in the spam filter area. I'm wondering if an over-zealous spam program is doing it.
  2. The several anonymous ones I had in Moderation have all just resolved to usernames without any input from me.

Hmm..

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Could you please send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address? This is something we need to do a deep debugging and checking options to see what's wrong. wpForo doesn't have such problem, this is a misconfiguration issue.