Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Member Profile

24 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@robert the problem comes from Features / Enable HTML Cache if set to ON.

Disabling that seems to solve the problem.

I have tested all 4 caching settings on/off and i found that. I hope i have helped.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but I can't find such issue on dozens of different configured forums. I don't know what is this. And probably this is not a general issue. The HTML cache only works for forum home, it shouldn't have any affection. I think this is a user cache and incorrect usergroup permission configuration issue.

1. Edit the Usergroups you test and make sure they look like this:

2. Then save it, go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page and click on [Delete users cache] button.

Also please register new users and test on other browsers.

Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Robert, i consider this a possible security problem. I'm logged as Venice Expert user and i see Enrico's profile as i posted in the capture 2 post above. I think the capture is 100% clear that a problem exists.

Why change the usergroups options ? I don't want to do that.

Tested 2 users with Firefox and Chrome. You have no idea how many times i logged /in and /out to try it and how many options i enabled/disabled.

HTML Cache is the option that creates the problem. I dunno if this is specific to me, but i highly doubt it. And if others have it, it would be VERY hard to spot it.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This may also be user specific issue. But this is not a general issue for sure. I don't know the full steps of problem so I have no idea why this site specific and user specific issue is there. you should explain step by step and provide all information about both users (usergroup, nicenams...). Also, you should leave screenshot of usergroup permissions to allow me follow the problem and understand what's wrong with that.

Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Here is my usergroup settings for Registered as you requested.

I will try to write a more detailed explanation of the problem later.

Page 3 / 5