Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Member Registration Problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@florence)

A couple of days ago it became clear that members were unable to register, because 100% of the time they would be suspected of being bots. This turned out to be due to an incompatibility issue with the Bluehost plugin, when that plugin was deactivated, registration was possible.

However, now members can register, but when they try to log in, they are told, 100% of the time that their password is incorrect. I went to Bluehost support again first, but there was nothing they could do and they sent me to you.

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @florence 

Thank you for using wpForo and for contacting us.

User registration and account creation are being processed through the default WordPress registration system and it is handled by Wordpress, not the wpForo side. wpForo only provides a registration/login forms. wpForo is the same WordPress registration page with different design and URL.  If you deactivate the wpForo plugin the users will have the same issue.

Probably there is some other plugin, that affects this. Please try to deactivate plugins one by one and check after each deactivation to find the problem maker one.

1 Reply
(@florence)

@sofy

Thank you. I'll give that a go.