Clear all

[Solved] Minimum Number of Posts Required

7 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

A user is receiving the attached error message that says "You should have minimum number of approved posts to be able to edit your profile information."  I have never seen this before and cannot find the setting that controls it.  I do not want any restriction on who can edit their profile.  Can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

- Aaron

Topic Tags
6 Replies
4 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @aaronmckeon

A user is receiving the attached error message that says "You should have minimum number of approved posts to be able to edit your profile information."  I have never seen this before and cannot find the setting that controls it.  I do not want any restriction on who can edit their profile.  Can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

But you do not want to change this. WHY a user with ZERO posts want to edit his profile?

Profile spammers .....

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis 

Posted by: @dimalifragis

But you do not want to change this. WHY a user with ZERO posts want to edit his profile?

I do want to change this.  Our forums control user avatars across the entire website (for commenting, forums, etc.), but not all users have access to the forums, so some users might not be posting in the forums but still require a profile and avatar because it ties into other areas of the website.  Regardless, the user that complained happens to be a paying user with full access to the forums.  Generally, spammers do not pay recurring monthly fees.

Certainly, there must be a way to change this?  How come I've never run into it before?  Is it new?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@aaronmckeon But i PROVIDED what you must change in the capture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis Apologies I missed that.  I didn't realize there was an attachment and your message didn't sound like you were offering a solution.  I was able to find that setting and can confirm it is now working as desired.  Thank you.

(@reisdroom)

I get the same message. Did you already find a solution?

1 Reply
(@nutritionchat)

Estimable Member

@reisdroom ... see the Screenshot1.png attachment above, by @dimalifragis