Moderation bypassed by spammers
Moderation is not working correctly. A spammer registers manually, posts a new topic and THAT topic gets under moderation (as he is considered a "new user" for the first post), but right afterwards posts many new topics in succession (before his first post even gets moderated), and those new topics are NOT under moderation but instead automatically get approved. This is very bad.
Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
We'll check and back to you asap.
Also, try to set the new user control until 5. And enable Akismet.
We're planning to release the fixed version in a few days.
Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools admin page. Make sure:
1. wpForo Spam Control is enabled.
2. user is New (under hard spam control) during first X posts option's value is not 0.
3. also, I'd recommend increasing spam suspicion levels:
- Spam Suspicion Level for Topics
- Spam Suspicion Level for Posts
I haven't changed any setting, I just updated to 1.5.5, so therefore:
1. wpForo Spam Control is enabled. -- It was and it still is.
2. user is New (under hard spam control) during first X posts option's value is not 0. -- It was always 1 (one) and it still is.
3. also, I'd recommend increasing spam suspicion levels... -- It is irrelevant with regards to "New user hard spam control". Hard spam control should work regardless of what the suspicion levels are. That's why it's "hard".