Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Need Help

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@biggersworld)

Hey everyone, this is the 8th plugin that I have tried to use via wordpress( bbpress, D&Q, and multiple others) for my site. All I want to do is allow guests to communicate without forcing them to give an email. The traveling community is very iffy on just giving emails. I want them to be able to at least respond to questions and feel invited then they will willfully give me their emails. 

Every plugin I tried doesn't allow this and if they do they want me to put millions of lines of code in. I spend 10 hours a day working and it's a bit difficult to learn how to code in my spare time hahahaha. I know someone is laughing at that. Is this plugin different? Is there a way to do this somehow. Thank you for your help.

5 Replies
 fawp
(@fawp)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @biggersworld

All I want to do is allow guests to communicate without forcing them to give an email. The traveling community is very iffy on just giving emails. I want them to be able to at least respond to questions and feel invited then they will willfully give me their emails. 

Hi biggersworld

You want your guests to be able to post?

By 'guests' do you mean people that have not registered on your site?

Topic starter
(@biggersworld)

yes

3 Replies
 fawp
(@fawp)

Reputable Member
Posted by: @biggersworld

yes

You can configure wpForo for guests to post without having to register.

You do have a mandatory email field for guests, but you could make it clear on your site that your guests could put some bogus details in there and still be able to post. Not a best practice, but if you don't want to code to amend the template, I don't see another solution, unless wpForo staff have one.

(@biggersworld)

@fawp No worries buddy, thanks for your response. I found a much better forum plugin that works exactly how I want it to. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@biggersworld,

BTW. In a few days we're releasing wpForo Topics Custom Fields addon which will allow manage the guest fields as well. So the Email field will not be mandatory.