wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] New Captcha Feature playing havoc with my site

28 Posts
11 Users
2 Likes
20.4 K Views
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

So, it happened to me too 🙁

Today I was completely locked out but fortunate enough, I have wordpress.com account and managed to login to my WP Dashboard. 

As you can clearly see, recaptcha is disabled and yet,I was forced to login via WP.

Prior to this, when I've asked to reset password to "xxx.yyy-wp-admin" I got this screen:

That is a clear indication that there is a bug in the integration between akismate an wpforo!

To login, I needed to use FTP to rename the wpForo plugin. Once renamed and thereby deactivated, Wordpress login returned to normal. 

The only way I have found to stop wpForo from putting a reCAPTCHA on my Wordpress login is to delete the Google reCAPTCHA keys.

Since I did not remember my FTP password [never used it], I had to login by wordpresscom account that I do not like it at-all because it may or may not effect my 6 other sites...

So, I resort to the good old simple faithful CAPTCHA BANK.

I do suggest for the developers to include a switch for on-off that will completely disable the recaptcha. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please keep all reCAPTCHA options enabled. Also please make sure you don't have other active reCAPTCHA plugins. This is the only thing I can suggest in this issue. if you still have problem please disable wpForo reCAPTCHA. We can't follow to site specific issues related to 3rd party APIs like reCAPTCHA.

We'll check this problem on our websites again for sure. I'll update this topic If I could simulate the same problem and find the reason.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: gman

My site access went down. I am trying this plug in I have researched all over and spent tons of time looking for a forum

Spent hours setting up categories and topics and now my host says to delete this plugin contact you, and tell you its not compatible.

???? I see this is a major issue. 

SO the question, is my site compromised now? Can I use this Plugin without the captcha and it still work without issues?

Or did I waste a whole lot of time on this. I was ready to buy all kinds of add ons but did not even get past the several hours work setting up categories and topics for seo. 

What do you suggest?

Please open a new topic and explain the issue again. I didn't follow you what is the main problem. Where we can see the forum?

(@jhebbel)

I am having the same issue as yossik, When I disable the reCapthica for wordpress forms, any login attempt is met with "Google reCAPTCHA data are not submitted" when using that form.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: jhebbel

I am having the same issue as yossik, When I disable the reCapthica for wordpress forms, any login attempt is met with "Google reCAPTCHA data are not submitted" when using that form.

Please make sure you don't have other reCAPTCHA plugins activated. Disable all other plugins which have reCAPTCHA. Also, when you disable it for WordPress, make sure the three options are disabled too:

Page 3 / 6