2 Likes
20.5 K Views
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: potomacbeat

I am having exactly the same problem. Here is an error from my console

I don't think this is the same problem. Could you please provide more info and leave some URL to allow us check it?

(@potomacbeat)

I removed it. I couldn't afford to mess with it anymore. 

My system is adding strange though. I could be a conflict with the template.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please make sure you don't have other reCAPTCHA plugins activated. You should whether wpForo reCAPTCHA or other plugins.

(@exberry)

I have the same problem. The wpForo reCAPTCHA created a reCAPTCHA criteria on the WordPress login window, but it omitted any way to check the reCAPTCHA. Therefore, it locked me out as admin of my own site.

I have no other plugins that use reCAPTCHA, so this is a wp Foro problem. Even though I deactivated the Google reCAPTCHA in Tools, it still locked me out. 

To login, I needed to use FTP to rename the wpForo plugin. Once renamed and thereby deactivated, Wordpress login returned to normal. 

The only way I have found to stop wpForo from putting a reCAPTCHA on my Wordpress login is to delete the Google reCAPTCHA keys.

Now, there is a potential problem that a bot can penetrate into my Wordpress site via wpForo. The reason I added the reCAPTCHA to Foro is because bots were adding users to my Wordpress site via wpForo. wpForo should have a way to simply connect to the Wordpress login, and omit any other entry.

My site has other plugins that must control the login process, i.e, Memberpress and Woo Commerce. They work together to connect to the Wordpress login. Only wpForo is causing me a problem.

1 Reply
(@coylerjc)

Posted by: exberry

I have the same problem. The wpForo reCAPTCHA created a reCAPTCHA criteria on the WordPress login window, but it omitted any way to check the reCAPTCHA. Therefore, it locked me out as admin of my own site.

I have no other plugins that use reCAPTCHA, so this is a wp Foro problem. Even though I deactivated the Google reCAPTCHA in Tools, it still locked me out. 

To login, I needed to use FTP to rename the wpForo plugin. Once renamed and thereby deactivated, Wordpress login returned to normal. 

The only way I have found to stop wpForo from putting a reCAPTCHA on my Wordpress login is to delete the Google reCAPTCHA keys.

Now, there is a potential problem that a bot can penetrate into my Wordpress site via wpForo. The reason I added the reCAPTCHA to Foro is because bots were adding users to my Wordpress site via wpForo. wpForo should have a way to simply connect to the Wordpress login, and omit any other entry.

My site has other plugins that must control the login process, i.e, Memberpress and Woo Commerce. They work together to connect to the Wordpress login. Only wpForo is causing me a problem.

I had this exact problem and I did what exberry did: went through ftp to deactivate wpForo. Then I was able to log in. I deactivated Akismet and that took care of the problem but now I have no spam protection. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I have no idea why this happen. I hope you know that wpForo reCAPTCHA can be enabled/disable for certain form in Dashboard > Forums > Tools admin page. I think you have antispam solutions which affects wpForo and this is not the wpForo problem for sure. I recommend disable WP forms in the admin page I mentioned above and only leave wpForo Login/Register pages. Make sure you've set correct API keys. So thus only wpForo will be checked by wpForo reCAPTCHA other parts can be protected by other plugins.

Page 2 / 6